Essex Essex UK|
|Website:||Open website in new window|
The Birchwood Boat Company was founded in the late 60’s and was originally based in Huthwaite, Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottingham. They were a prolific builder of motorcruisers ranging from 18ft to 42ft.
The largest boat they built back in 1984 was the Birchwood 42 Empress and was their flagship motor cruiser perfect for weekends away and long distance cruising.
In my opinion, she could also be used as a liveaboard due to having 3 cabins, 2 bathrooms, a large galley and spacious saloon.
Externally the side decks are nice and wide and so easy to move up and down the vessel. The AFT deck is spacious and offers plenty of room for outdoor socialising, as does the flybridge and forward deck.
The vessel appears to be in good condition and there is a lot of evidence to suggest she has been maintained and cared for.
Of particular note;
- In 2021, the hull was scrapped back and the gel coat refurbished. The current owner also wrapped the sides of the boat in dark blue 3m vinyl and it now offers the appearance of a much younger motor cruiser.
- Internally she is clean, tidy and offers a great deal of accommodation.
- Antifouled - June 2022
- New Anodes - June 2022
- The engines were last serviced in June 2021 and have since done only 5 hours.
- There are window covers to protect the screens when not in use
- There is a full flybridge cover
- The boat is fitted with 2 diesel heaters, an inverter, and hot water calorifier.
- There is a 3kva Honda generator available but sold separately or dependent on the offer made.
- There is also £1500 of diesel in the fuel tank!
For more details or to arrange a viewing please contact a member of the Boatshed Essex team.
These boat details are subject to contract.
Note: Offers on the asking price may be considered.
Register with Boatshed to see 92 extra photos of this Birchwood Empress 42 with Flybridge.
This Birchwood Empress 42 with Flybridge has been personally photographed and viewed by Mark Coles of Boatshed Essex.
|Vessel name:||Birchwood Empress 42 with Flybridge|
|No. of engines:||2|
|Engine model:||Volvo 235|
|Cruising Speed:||10 knots|
|Maximum Speed:||17 knots|
|Length over all:||12.8m|
|Hull material:||Deep Vee|
|Hull type:||Deep Vee|
|Fuel capacity:||2000 Litres|